With the world’s largest hotels, glitziest casinos and non-stop entertainment, Las Vegas is known as the adult playground of America. You’ll find this sparkling desert city has even more for your amusement than gambling and nightlife. For instance, tee off near The Strip – you’ll have more than 60 public and private courses to choose from.
Let Vegas Entertain You
It started in the Downtown district where the Golden Gate hotel opened its doors in 1906 and the first night club appeared in 1930. Then gambling was legalized in Nevada in 1931 and the city, The Strip and the casinos have grown ever since.
Today for your vacation, you can choose from a wide array of uniquely themed resorts that are the biggest in the world. Each houses a massive gaming complex, outstanding shopping, a wide range of dining spots, massive spas/fitness centres and many have fine art galleries. It’s the architecture and attractions that distinguish each property from its rivals. You can choose from replicas of New York City, Paris or Venice and themes including Egyptian, Camelot and Roman. Some of the many distinctive properties are:
- The Bellagio: Be swept away by the Bellagio’s famous fountains set to music and light with a different show every 15 minutes. This opulent property also houses a botanical garden and world-class fine art gallery – Picasso’s Ceramics opened May 25.
- Caesars Palace: Renowned casino, Roman-style setting, prestigious resort – this is a long-time Vegas favourite. Headliners Celine Dion, Bette Midler and Jerry Seinfeld perform at the Colosseum.
- Mandalay Bay: This classy property has a sand beach and wave pool as well as Shark Reef, one of the finest aquariums in the country. There’s entertainment day and night with superstars performing in the 12,000-seat Events Center and House of Blues. The Broadway hit ‘Mamma Mia’ plays here.
- The Tropicana: If you’re looking for a classic Vegas show, you’ll want to take in “Folies Bergere”. This tribute to the Parisian cabaret plays in the Tiffany Theatre. Tropicana also features five acres of tropical landscaping with pools, lagoons, waterfalls and swim-up blackjack tables. You won’t believe you’re in the desert.
- The Mirage: The Secret Garden of Seigfried & Roy is home to big cats, a dolphin habitat and lush gardens. The resort’s signature volcano erupts every evening.
- Stratosphere: The X-Scream thrill ride tips you over the edge of the tower, with nothing but space between you and The Strip a thousand feet below.
Are you up for a little gambling? With the exception of a few non-gaming properties, you’ll find the casinos dominate the resorts. Today’s Vegas is putting a new spin on gaming, making it sexier and more exciting than ever before. The latest trend is the emergence of intimate, themed casinos within a casino. Slots remain the most popular of all the games.
Beyond The Strip
There’s more to see and do than touring the glittering resorts downtown and on The Strip. Consider these options when planning your Vegas getaway:
- Golfers love the excellent conditions in Las Vegas and there’s plenty of choice with more than 60 courses in the area. (Tiger Woods’ first PGA victory was at the 1996 Las Vegas Invitational at TPC The Canyons.)
- Experiencing the natural beauty of the region is easy on day trips to the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon National Park, Death Valley National Park, Red Rock Canyon or Valley of Fire State Park.
- The engineering marvel of Hoover Dam has an outstanding Visitor Center with presentations and exhibits. Located 30 miles southeast of Las Vegas on the Nevada-Arizona border you’ll find it’s well worth the drive.
- A wide range of museums and galleries will keep you busy around town. See Liberace’s historic piano and custom car collection as well as his legendary wardrobe at the Liberace Museum. Ethel M’s chocolate factory and cactus garden has a beautiful setting in the surrounding hills. Back in town there are numerous art galleries and museums devoted to the history and culture of Vegas, natural history, archaeology, science, aviation (at both McCarran International Airport and Nellis Air Force Base) and even a children’s museum.
Whether you want a quick getaway or a longer vacation, you’ll find Las Vegas has plenty to keep you amused and entertained.
*Applicable to all escorted tour or cruise bookings for two or more passengers valued at over $1000 per person before taxes and made through Grand Escapades with our preferred suppliers – Visa gift card will be made available following full payment of booking – One visa gift card per booking – cannot be combined with any other Grand Escapades promotion or discount – to qualify for gift card, client must provide promo-code VGC100 at the time of booking – Not valid in jurisdictions that deems it illegal – Offer may be withdrawn or modified at any time. – Visa, and the Visa design are trademarks of Visa International.