Green hills and fields surrounded by some of the most spectacular coastline in the world; the landscape of Ireland makes a perfect vacation setting. From the peaceful, relaxing Lakelands district to the excitement of Dublin, you’ll discover a charming and friendly country with a fascinating Celtic heritage.
Create many memorable moments by enjoying Ireland’s renowned attractions. To really know the country, you’ll need to experience these Irish favourites.
- Kiss the famous Stone of Eloquence at Blarney Castle.
- See the windswept Atlantic coast with its dramatic hills, cliffs and blowholes.
- Find the many historical landmarks which dot the landscape.
- Stay in a traditional, thatched cottage or how about a castle for the night!
- Visit the fascinating Waterford Crystal visitors centre at Tramore.
- Watch the history of Ireland come to life at the many heritage centres.
- Enjoy a pint of Guinness at a friendly Irish pub, where music and dance are part of the scene.
- Escorted or Independent Tours: See all the highlights on one of the many escorted coach tours offered by our partners. We can also take care of independent tour arrangements for those wanting more flexibility.
- Rail & Rail Tours: Eco-friendly rail journeys are a great way to see the country. Options include point to point service, half or full-day tours or three to six-day tours including accommodation.
- Car: Roads have greatly improved in recent years and more motorways and dual carriageways have been added making driving Ireland a quick and convenient way to travel. The country and coast roads are generally un-crowded making it a pleasure to drive.
- Bus: The bus network services the entire country. This is a good option for the budget traveller.
- Ferry: The ferry service visits the islands around Ireland including the Aran Islands, the Skelligs and the Blaskets. Coastal ferries are often a good shortcut too. The ferry between Tarbert in Co Kerry and Killimer in Co Clare is a 20-minute journey across the Shannon Estuary which saves you 137km of driving while the ferry between Passage East and Ballyhack saves you hours.
- Bike: It is possible to rent a bike in almost any town or city in Ireland. Dublin has rental bikes at over 40 locations in the capital! Get out of town on cycling holidays which are a delightful way to see the countryside.
You’re in for a treat when you visit Ireland. A unique selection of accommodation awaits and today, luxury and comfort abound; Spa resorts and luxury guestshouses; upscale boutique hotels and traditional Bed & Breakfasts; self-catering cottages for families or groups. You can even stay in a distinguished, historic castle like Dromoland Castle, Castle Leslie and Ashford Castle. Here state-of-the-art facilities meet historic amenities – four-poster beds, book-lined libraries and dungeons converted into bars!
Cycling, climbing and horse back riding are all popular in Ireland along with these activities:
- Walking – From day trips to week long treks, guided walks or on your own, Ireland features towns and villages with great walking accommodation, services and packed lunches to keep you going along the way.
- Golf – Ireland’s western seaboard has many world-renowned links courses. Inland parkland courses are also well designed in beautiful settings with excellent club houses and accommodation – like Dromoland Castle and Country Estate which has its own Championship golf course. Play and Stay golf packages, Golf Passes for playing multiple courses at reduced rates and golf tours are available. Tee times can be conveniently booked online.
- Water Sports – Ireland is the 20th biggest island in the world with a coastline 1,448km long and 950km of inland waterways. No wonder there is such a vast selection of water sports: Surfing, sail boarding, wind surfing, kiteboarding, kayaking, diving, snorkelling as well as dolphin and whale watching cruises.
- Family travel in Ireland is easy with family friendly hotels, restaurants and activities found throughout the country.
- Check out the events for kids and families at the Dunmore East Adventure Centre and Shielbaggan Outdoor Education Centre.
- Splashworld at Tramore is a state of the art, indoor-outdoor water world that’s sure to keep families entertained.
- Heritage Centres introduce your family to the history and culture of Ireland with engaging exhibits.
*Applicable to all escorted tour or cruise bookings for two or more passengers valued at over $1000 per person before taxes and made through Grand Escapades with our preferred suppliers – Visa gift card will be made available following full payment of booking – One visa gift card per booking – cannot be combined with any other Grand Escapades promotion or discount – to qualify for gift card, client must provide promo-code VGC100 at the time of booking – Not valid in jurisdictions that deems it illegal – Offer may be withdrawn or modified at any time. – Visa, and the Visa design are trademarks of Visa International.