13 Day Zimbabwe, Botswana & South Africa Safari from Montreal
Safari game drives in Chobe National Park & Okavango Delta, plus Victoria Falls & Cape Town
If you want a safari with all the thrills but fewer crowds, and are eager to see magnificent wildlife and meet the people of Africa, then join a Discovery Tours Small Group to Zimbabwe, Botswana and South Africa. This is not your typical safari circuit; you fly deep into the bush to explore the wild from the comfort of secluded intimate lodges in spectacular settings. Experience the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls, one of the greatest natural wonders of the world with its astounding vistas. You’ll have the chance to set out on game drives and see unique wildlife in Chobe National Park and the Okavango Delta. Plus, share a home hosted meal with a South African family, ride a cable car up Table Mountain (weather permitting) and travel through South Africa’s picturesque wine lands, stopping for tastings at major vineyards.
Escorted Package Includes
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Montreal-Johannesburg, Cape Town-Montreal.
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Johannesburg-Victoria Falls, Kasane-Okavango Delta*, Okavango Delta-Maun* & Maun-Cape Town
- 11 nights in First Class safari lodge and hotel accommodations
- 1 night Johannesburg
- 2 nights Victoria Falls
- 2 nights Chobe
- 2 nights Okavango Delta
- 4 nights Cape Town
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 24 meals: 11 buffet breakfasts, 6 lunches & 7 dinners (including 1 home hosted lunch, and welcome & farewell dinners)
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- National Park fees
- *Light aircraft (4 or 5 seat planes) are used for flights to and from the Okavango Delta.
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss and get to know the locals.
- Experience the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls, one of the greatest natural wonders of the world with its astounding vistas.
- Walking safari through the exquisite rain forest at Victoria Falls, stopping to see the statue of David Livingstone, the missionary-explorer who discovered the Falls.
- At Chobe National Park in Botswana, board a motorized boat for a magnificent sunset safari cruise.
- Watch the game up close at the source of the Savute in Chobe with its plentiful wildlife and over 460 different species of birds.
- Travel to the lush, green Okavango Delta, the world’s largest inland delta with its huge concentration of animals and birds, designated a World Heritage Site.
- Twice-daily game activities in the untouched freshwater wetland of the Okavango Delta, at the heart of Botswana’s arid Kalahari desert.
- Ascend to the top of legendary Table Mountain to see the astonishing panoramic views of the city and beaches below.
- Enjoy a unique interaction and experience the cultural diversity of the Cape Malay community.
- Travel through the fertile valleys of South Africa’s picturesque wine country, with its magnificent Cape Dutch architecture, stopping for tastings at major vineyards by Wine Tram.
DAY 1, Wednesday – Depart for South Africa
DAY 2, Thursday – Arrive Johannesburg, South Africa
DAY 3, Friday – Sundowner Dinner Cruise on the Zambezi River
DAY 4, Saturday – Guided Tour of Victoria Falls
DAY 5, Sunday – Sunset Safari Cruise in Chobe National Park
DAY 6, Monday – Morning & Afternoon Game Drives in Chobe National Park
DAY 7, Tuesday – Safari Cruise in the Okavango Delta
DAY 8, Wednesday – Safari Activities in the Okavango Delta
DAY 9, Thursday – Fly to Cape Town
DAY 10, Friday – Cape Town City Tour & Cape Malay Experience Tour
DAY 11, Saturday – Excursion to the Cape Winelands
DAY 12, Sunday – Cape Peninsula Tour
DAY 13, Monday – Depart South Africa
For a price quote and availability please contact our office. Tour available year round and includes return airfare from Montreal or other gateway cities, plus domestic flights, airport taxes, transfers, accommodations, most meals, the services of an English-speaking tour manager throughout plus sightseeing & entrance fees as per itinerary. OPC Indemnity Fund fee of $1 per $1,000 of travel products sold is additional. Limited space, other conditions and restrictions may apply. Not all travel dates available. Hotels shown may be substituted with similar ones and will be confirmed prior to booking. Limited space due to the small group size. Offer is subject to change or cancellation at any time.