10-Day Escorted Tour of Portugal Incl. Air
Visit Porto, Tomar, Evora & Lisbon!
On a tour of Porto, visit the Church of Sao Francisco, the Stock Exchange and a Port Wine Cellar for a tasting. Enjoy a full day to explore this UNESCO World Heritage city independently or choose to join the optional Medieval Portugal tour, heading inland to the heart of Minho province. Drive south through the Buçaco National Park to Coimbra and visit the university, among the oldest in Europe, then stop in Fatima, the site of the famous religious miracles, to visit the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary.
Visit the hilltop Convent of Christ with its famous Manueline window, then drive across the Tagus river to Castelo de Vide and enjoy a stroll through the old Jewish Quarter. In Evora, discover the town’s massive walls, Roman Temple, early Gothic Cathedral and Sao Francisco Church, famous for its Ossuary chapel.
Continue to Lisbon and view the Belem Tower and Jeronimos Monastery. Plus, walk through the cobbled alleys of Alfama, the seaman’s quarter. Lastly, explore the countryside around Lisbon including medieval Obidos, with its whitewashed houses and beautiful vistas, Alcobaca to visit the Church of Santa Maria Monastery, and the charming fishing harbor of Nazaré.
- Flights Montreal-Porto, Lisbon-Montreal.
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 8 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Porto
- 1 night Tomar
- 1 night Evora
- 3 nights Lisbon
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 12 meals: 8 breakfasts, 4 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides per itinerary
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Visit the Stock Exchange, renowned for its exquisite façade and ornate gilded Arabian Hall in Porto
- Enjoy a Port Wine Tasting in Porto
- Visit Coimbra University, one of the oldest universities in Europe
- Visit the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary in Fatima one of the most important Catholic shrines in the world
- Tour the Convent of Christ in Tomar, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stop and view the unique Ossuary Chapel in Evora
- Tour Lisbon’s Jeronimos Monastery and the charming Alfama district
- Enter the Church and Monastery of Santa Maria, the first Gothic buildings in Portugal in Alcobaca
DAY 1, Saturday – Depart for Portugal
DAY 2, Sunday – Arrive in Porto
DAY 3, Monday – Porto City Tour
DAY 4, Tuesday – Full Day in Porto
DAY 5, Wednesday – Coimbra, Fatima, Drive to Tomar
DAY 6, Thursday – Convent of Christ, Castelo de Vide, Drive to Evora
DAY 7, Friday – Evora City Tour
DAY 8, Saturday – Lisbon City Tour
DAY 9, Sunday – Full Day in Lisbon’s Countryside
DAY 10, Monday – Depart Portugal
*Price per person in Canadian dollars, double occupancy. Applicable to May 17, 2018 departure, other dates available at various prices. Includes 9-night accommodations, flights, airport taxes & fees, most meals plus sightseeing & entrance fees as per itinerary as well as the services of an English speaking tour manager throughout. OPC Indemnity Fund fee of $1 per $1,000 of travel products sold and optional travel insurance are additional. Limited space, other conditions and restrictions may apply. Not all travel dates available. Offer expires April 12,2018 and is subject to change or cancellation at any time.