Relax on deck in the open air as you float past scenic countryside, vineyards, hill top castles and towns – the noise and rush is left behind as you sail serenely along the river’s route.
The River Cruise Advantage
Are you looking for a vacation that takes you to intriguing and historic places in luxury and comfort – and gives you time to relax and enjoy the scenery? If so, a river cruise could be for you.
Advantages of this leisurely mode of travel
- Unpack once and the river boat is your floating hotel.
- There are plenty of picture windows and open deck space for you to enjoy the passing scenery.
- In most ports, river boats can dock conveniently downtown allowing passengers to step ashore in the heart of the city at their leisure.
- Local guides lead sightseeing tours in each town which are included in the fare. Additional organized excursions are also available for purchase.
- Tour guides and staff speak English on the cruises offered by Ensemble’s preferred suppliers, Uniworld River Cruises, Avalon Waterways and Viking River Cruises.
- There’s no problem with motion as you aren’t on the open sea.
- Packages offer great value as they include pre and post cruise stays in great cities, transfers, port excursions, and complimentary wine.
Consumers are finding that river cruising on small intimate ships is a great alternative. River cruising is a fantastic way to see Europe. All of our company owned ships (8) have either been completely refurbished or newly built in the last two years. We are not obsessed with growth, we are however, obsessed with delivering an outstanding experience to our customers.
Life On Board
Today’s river boats offer levels of luxury rivalling that of cruise ships. Here are some important features of these beautiful vessels:
- With only 100 to 300 passengers, there is great camaraderie on board. These are very friendly cruises.
- You’ll find a variety of public rooms: a restaurant, lounge for scenic viewing, bar, open deck space with deck chairs and a canopy for shade, gift shop, hair dresser and sometimes a whirlpool, fitness centre, spa and swimming pool.
- Cabins are well appointed and designed for your comfort. They are usually outside, often with a picture window, and many of the new boats feature cabins with a balcony.
- Meals are served in the restaurant. In Europe, breakfast and lunch tend to be buffet-style, while dinner is a-la-carte, served in one seating at about 7 p.m. There’s lots of choice and food is well prepared. Complimentary wine is usually served with dinner.
- Evening entertainment consists of a piano bar, or small ensemble in the lounge. Local entertainers may be brought on board to display the regional culture.
- Service on board has a reputation of being prompt, attentive and friendly while the overall cruise experience is well organized by the cruise/tour director.
You’ll travel in comfort and style as you sail down the river. No rush, no hurry. Just relax and let the river boat take you to the next place of interest.
*Applicable to all escorted tour or cruise bookings for two or more passengers valued at over $1000 per person before taxes and made through Grand Escapades with our preferred suppliers – Visa gift card will be made available following full payment of booking – One visa gift card per booking – cannot be combined with any other Grand Escapades promotion or discount – to qualify for gift card, client must provide promo-code VGC100 at the time of booking – Not valid in jurisdictions that deems it illegal – Offer may be withdrawn or modified at any time. – Visa, and the Visa design are trademarks of Visa International.