Wellness tourism is on the rise and what better place to relax and rejuvenate than the tranquil, spiritual Hawaiian Islands? From yoga classes to a round of golf or the traditional lomi lomi massage, there’s no shortage of options for achieving balance in Hawaii. Here you can truly escape the stresses of 21st century living and arrive home refreshed and renewed.
The Allure of the Islands
Hawaii is the natural choice for health and wellness. A powerful mix of natural beauty, an agreeable climate, tropical scents, vivid colours and Mana, the spiritual energy of the islands, creates the perfect location for a rejuvenating getaway.
Encounters with Nature
Breathtaking experiences with nature are extremely beneficial and there is no shortage of these in Hawaii’s stunning isles. The view from your hotel window can be the start of a healing experience as you soak in the tropical beauty of the mountains and sea. The experience is repeated throughout your stay as you explore these beautiful islands.
Spending time with nature has healthful benefits and it’s easy to get close to nature in Hawaii.
- Surf the notorious waves.
- Hike to a secluded waterfall.
- Observe colourful fish while snorkeling.
- Take a whale watching excursion.
- Kayak with dolphins.
- Meet the sea turtles that bask on the beach.
- Thrill at the eruption of Mt. Kilauea on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Marvel at the scenic beauty on every island.
Hawaiian Spas and Treatments
Draw on the islands’ natural healing power while experiencing Hawaiian spa treatments.
The Hawaiians believe that good health is a state of balanced energy flow. Therapies are designed to remove any energy blockages. The aim is for balance and harmony physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually using treatment like these:
- Lomi lomi massage, traditional Polynesian massage with flowing strokes of the hands.
- Pohaku wela wela, hot stone massage.
- Ocean side massage, available in surfside cabanas.
- Specialty baths including papaya, sea weed and aromatherapy options.
- Hawaiian oils, herbs and botanical products add to the effectiveness and sensory pleasure of the experience.
There are many day spas offering all the relaxing, detoxifying and balancing treatments you could want. Your hotel will have one nearby if not on site.
Retreats & Sanctuaries
For more in-depth wellness options and self discovery, retreats and sanctuaries have specific programs for well-being. Often in secluded settings, you can book a stay in the on-site accommodation while undertaking the following classes and therapies:
- Hawaiian spirituality, dance, chant and lei making workshops led by Kupuna, masters in the healing arts.
- Hawaiian sea water cleanse (5 and 10-day programs)
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Energy therapies
- Holistic medicine
- Chinese medicine
At Peace in Polynesia
There is a natural serenity in Hawaii which is relaxing and rejuvenating. The spirituality of the Hawaiian people and the peaceful beauty of the islands are sure to enhance your wellbeing, whatever you choose to do on your Hawaiian vacation.
*Applicable to all escorted tour or cruise bookings for two or more passengers valued at over $1000 per person before taxes and made through Grand Escapades with our preferred suppliers – Visa gift card will be made available following full payment of booking – One visa gift card per booking – cannot be combined with any other Grand Escapades promotion or discount – to qualify for gift card, client must provide promo-code VGC100 at the time of booking – Not valid in jurisdictions that deems it illegal – Offer may be withdrawn or modified at any time. – Visa, and the Visa design are trademarks of Visa International.