Our clients know what brings them the greatest joy while on vacation. Chilling at the beach scored top marks followed by enjoying food and wine. Getting off the beaten track came in third with respondents preferring hiking and wandering down side streets to discover historic treasures.
Tranquil and contenting, a peaceful, tropical beach for most of us is the ultimate blissful place. The sound of the waves, the warmth of the sun, the joy of relaxing in this serene location – what could be more perfect?
You can find bliss in magnificent settings around the globe. Here are some of the most sought after regions for blissful beaches:
- South Pacific: Circled by coral reefs and rimmed by lagoons, the South Pacific has some of the most magical beaches anywhere. Colourful tropical fish swim past as you stroll along the waters edge at Matira Point on Bora Bora. Other favourites are Temae Beach on Moorea, Yasawa Island in Fiji Return to Paradise Beach on Samoa and One Foot Island in the Cook Islands.
- Australia: You’re spoilt for choice in Australia when it comes to beaches. Queensland ‘s Gold Coast and the tranquil Whitsundy Islands offer the best of long, white, pristine and peaceful.
- Indian Ocean: Considered by many to be the most sublime, the tiny islets of the Maldives are encircled by white sand beaches and azure blue sea. The super-luxurious resorts are destinations in themselves. Idyllic islands fringed by beautiful beaches can also be found in the Seychelles, Mauritius and Madagascar.
- The Caribbean and Bermuda: So many islands and so many beautiful beaches. Even on islands famous for diving, like Curacao, you’ll find ideal beach spots to spend a peaceful day. Some favourite Caribbean beaches: Smugglers Cover Tortola; Marigot Bay Beach, St. Lucia; Magens Bay, St. Thomas; Varadero Beach, Cuba; Elbow Beach (pink sand), Bermuda.
- Hawaii: While renowned for its high surf and crashing waves, ideal for surfing, and for its volcanic black sand, there are plenty of white sand beaches to relax and enjoy on all the major Hawaiian Islands. Famous Waikiki Beach is actually seven connected beaches. With breathtaking views of Diamond Head mountain at the head of curving Waikiki, this has long been favoured for its picturesque setting.
Luxurious Beach Resorts
Adding to the bliss of today’s beach vacations are the heightened levels of luxury at your hotel. Your beach vacation can also be your most luxurious as resorts pamper visitors as never before.
Ready for a sybaritic experience for your next vacation? Consider these features which are growing in popularity at beachside resorts:
- Overwater bungalows with windows in the floor enable you to watch the fish in the lagoon from your room in French Polynesia and the Maldives.
- Cabanas for private relaxation and spa treatments may be found by the pool and the beach at many resorts worldwide.
- Candlelit dinners on the beach create a special ambiance for that romantic dinner for two.
- Increased dining options are giving travellers more choice.
- Spas are more exotic and better equipped. Organic and eco-friendly treatments for stress release, detoxifying and anti aging are trends for 2014.
*Applicable to all escorted tour or cruise bookings for two or more passengers valued at over $1000 per person before taxes and made through Grand Escapades with our preferred suppliers – Visa gift card will be made available following full payment of booking – One visa gift card per booking – cannot be combined with any other Grand Escapades promotion or discount – to qualify for gift card, client must provide promo-code VGC100 at the time of booking – Not valid in jurisdictions that deems it illegal – Offer may be withdrawn or modified at any time. – Visa, and the Visa design are trademarks of Visa International.